Letter From Brandon Carter (3/27/14)

Brandon Carter 3/27
Brandon Carter 3/27 page 2


Yo J,

Whats up man. I just got your letter, thanks for writing!

Lets see, on the water situation um when it all first happened I was in solitary and me and about 15 people in my pod never had a clue what was going on, because we had no tv and the CO didn’t say much of nothing to us, so I guess you could we were blind to the contaminated water. They had shut it off about I can’t recall 4:00ish pm maybe later. So we were in our cells with nothing to drink till 5:30-6:00 then we only had 1 8 oz cup of water till some time late that night when they brought us some distilled bottle of water 6 or 8 oz. The whole night we slept with piss and shit in the toilets because we could not flush our toilets till late the next day. Um for the first two days we only got water at our meals 1 cup 8 oz, then they started bringing it at different times 2 8 oz bottles at a time. Till we read the newspaper we really didn’t know what was happening. 

We showered on the 3rd day out of milk jugs with boiled water “supposed from St Albans water plant” but it was not drinkable. Don’t drink is their words.  “Why?” I didn’t get a direct answer. When they finally cut the water back it was just to flush the toilets it smelled so much, our rooms smelled like licorice. Then came time to flush the lines and look they said what 15 mins just in homes I can’t really recall but, here is should have been at least 30 to 45 minutes these hot water tanks are big, I mean big. They came in and let the water out of them for only 5 to 8 minutes I know. And our 16 cell pod smelled like candy. It was bad. For at least two weeks every time you got in the shower, or flushed your toilet you could still smell that licorice smell.

Yes also during all this I did go to medical because of vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, I felt like shit. They gave me pepto, it didn’t help


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *