Do you have friends or family members who are currently in South Central Regional Jail, or who’ve been incarcerated there in the past? Are you a former inmate yourself? This website was created with a focus on amplifying the voices of inmates at the South Central Regional Jail during and after the January 2014 chemical spill, but we also welcome stories from outside — especially those about how you’ve been affected by incarceration and how you’ve dealt with the jail, water pollution, the chemical industry, and other related issues.
- If you’d like to tell us more about your friends’ or family members’ experiences at South Central, please contact us through this page! If you’re sending a letter or email, please remember to indicate if it’s OK for us to share some or all of your story publicly on this website.
We also strive to be a resource for inmates’ friends and family, and we will try to offer support in anyway we can. We are an all-volunteer group with no budget at this time and cannot make any promises. However, we’re exploring how to build longer-term prisoner support capabilities. At this time, resources we may be able to offer include:
- Support with scheduling and transportation to visits
- Research on legal and rehabilitation resources
- Assistance with communication through letter writing, accepting calls and visiting people in jail
- Sharing your story directly on this website
- Connecting you with friends and family of other inmates
- Help connecting you with the media to share your story
If you are interested in seeking resources, working with us, or just talking to us, please feel free to contact us.